This is going to be short and sweet. I’ve been busy getting ready for a big event in our household, and thus I shorted myself on time to publish this. I apologize for that.
I’ll treat this as a week in review and go over some of the cool things that happened.
1) Michael W. Lucas has released his new “Mastery” book, PAM Mastery. PAM is one of those rare dark arts that most Unix SysAdmins prefer to meddle with as little as possible for fear of summoning a maentwrog or something. This book sheds some really bright light on how to tackle the appropriate incantations so you don’t do something that bites your head off in the end.
2) I’ve made some progress on troubleshooting one of the more recent modules released on the LAN Turtle. A new version of that module has already been released, so I get to start all over with testing it to see if it fixed any of the issues I was having. I’ll do that testing this weekend.
3) Guild Wars 2 released the second episode of the Living Story season 3. GW2 is one of a very small handful of computer games I still play these days. The content thus far is pretty good. I was hoping ArenaNet would put in a petrified wood node, but maybe it’ll come later.
4) My WiFi Pineappling book came in the mail. I’ll go through it, and do a review when I cover the Hak5 WiFi Pineapple NANO later down the road.
5) My wife bought me a present today. Halloween is my favorite holiday of the year, and she brought home a skull on a stand. I’ll take it to work and start decorating my cube for the holiday soon. It should go nicely with the skulls chain I hang every year.
What are your favorite games, holidays, or other activities and events? Share in the comments!