Once again, the SSH stuff is delayed. What I’ve figured out so far is this:
- The Yubikey 4 is too new for the default installed package of GnuPG and underlying libraries that talk to it as an OpenPGP card.
- I have tried the default installation on Debian 7, Debian 8, Linux Mint 17, and several others. I need to compile stuff from source to try to make this work.
- I have limited time at the moment due to some major in-house projects (honey-do list) over the weekends, and so I will have to try to get the custom compile taken care of a little bit here and a little bit there.
On top of this, one of my bonus children has had issues with the SD card in her handheld game. I tried to donate one of my microSD cards to replace it, but it wasn’t working. I may need to get a friend that has done work on NES type games in the past to take a look at the card slot.
In the process of trying to get the donation card formatted, I think I bricked the new Beaglebone Black Wireless. I need to go through the unbricking process this week. Yay me.
I will try to document what happens, but in light of all of the frustrations from this weekend, I have to apologize for the lack of an actual technical post for today. I will try to post short updates on Twitter throughout the week to keep people in the loop on progress, and hopefully I’ll have things ready to pick back up with the Yubikey SSH client keys discussion NEXT Monday.